Saturday, June 4, 2011

Firing It Up

Today looks like it will be super super fun! I am heading to the firing range with our Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association. Range Day is one of my favorite days of the year. Let me start by saying, I don't really like guns. They scare me. What one can do with them really scares me. However, I do believe that everyone should be educated about guns and gun safety! You just never know when you might need that knowledge.
That being said --- I simply adore range day.

Our local PD sets it up for the alums, (if you have the opportunity to take a Citizen's Police Academy course in your area I HIGHLY recommend it --- it gives you an incredible insight into what our finest do day in and day out to keep us safe in our little bubble!). Anyway, throughout the day we'll fire a number of weapons with proper instruction, guidance and supervision. Safety is the first priority, but it is a LOT of fun and a great education!

The heat will hit the upper 90s again today so the main challenge will be staying fully hydrated and avoiding a nasty sunburn. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun & educational day to me! :) Enjoy the heat! Better than snow!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun day! But I think I'm pretty worthless for the remainder!

    ReplyDelete