Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last Minute Deals at Publix


I had every intention of going to Publix yesterday to take advantage of the penny item -- however, lack of sleep from the Tuesday night (no power, hot as all hades and weird noises) plus another  afternoon storm yesterday meant I just went straight home after work. I did, however, go by Publix Tuesday afternoon because I found some additional coupons that I didn't realize I had during my last shopping trip --- the deals on these items were really good (I'm planning on doing red velvet , white and blue mini cupcakes for 4th of july and decided a trial run with them using my Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator might be a good idea) --- AND Publix was on my way home from the dentist! So... what I bought was....

1 Box Duncan Hines Cake Mix -- BOGO
1 Duncan Hines Frosting --- on sale for $1.29
1 Duncan Hines Brownie Mix -- (coupon made it free with the purchase of the other Duncan Hines stuff)
Magnum Ice Cream Bars -- On sale for 2/$5 (opposed to their normal $3.99 price) and had a $1 coupon)

Spent -- $4.46
Sasved $6.54

Not too bad for a five minute trip. Although, I must confess, I'm afraid I'm going to go a tad over budget this month -- I've only got $10 left in that budget --- and Publix has Ben & Jerry's on BOGO this week. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment