Friday, August 12, 2011

Groceries, School Supplies and Some Free Gas


I probably should not go to the grocery store when I am hot, hungry and stressed out --- because apparently in that condition I have no defense against Ben & Jerry's on BOGO. I was a bit frustrated with myself during this trip because I didn't get around to clipping my coupons this past week and I had to leave a few things on the shelf because I know I have the coupons for them. I also took advantage of the fact that Publix is once again offering $10 off a $50 gas card --- This worked well for us last month, and Princess Penelope actually still has some $ left on last month's card, so I decided to give it another shot!

Anyway, this is how I did:

1 Goody Hair Elastics (these will be going back for a price adjustment as they did not ring up correctly)
9 Ramen Noodles
1 Publix Greenwise Toilet Paper
2 Bertolli Pasta Sauces
1 L'Oreal 360 Skin Cleanser
4 Ben & Jerry's Pints (yum, but I apparently have no willpower)
2 Tombstone Frozen Pizzas
2 Publix Diet Lemon Lime Sodas
Wine
Index Cards
9 Packs Mentos Gum
3 Packs Tic Tacs
2 Spiral Notebooks

Spent: $51.62,
Saved $36.76 or 42% --- Not my best, but not my worst, either!

As for the Gas Card, Spent $40, saved $10 -- or 20%

No comments:

Post a Comment