Thursday, August 25, 2011

Traveling.....Again

Part of my job involves traveling all over the state. Most times, its not so bad. And most of the time, my travel consists of day trips - I go there and come back in the same day. This is not the case this week. I went into the office yesterday, then worked for about 5 1/2 hours, then hit the road. I arrived at my destination 2 1/2 hours later --- but I changed time zones so according to the clock, it was 3 1/2 hours later.

My hotel isn't quite as nice as the ones I'm used to staying in. But it is clean, safe, and has a complimentary breakfast. My main issue is the bed. That has to be the most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had! I awoke this morning with a stiff neck and pain in my shoulders. So, here I am. Moving slow, a full day's work ahead of me, and a two and a half hour drive home to follow. And my neck and shoulders hurt!

Usually, I travel with kit full of all the basic necessities so I don't have to make unplanned and expensive stops at drugstores to get the basics. Unfortunately, the travel bottle of pain reliever (that I got FREE)  is EMPTY! When did that happen? I have no clue. So, I'll be making a stop at the local drugstore to get a full price bottle of pain reliever. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Airport hotels however are convenient when you have to catch a very early flight. You may want to transfer hotels on your last day if this was the case. Also, this will give you the chance to enjoy a different scenery-that of woodlands and water you can checkout hotel to dublin airport transfer . The ferry port is also close by, depending on the hotel you choose. You can send your remaining time in Dublin playing in the nearby golf courses. Your hotel can arrange a game for you and your group in advance.

    ReplyDelete