Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If It Seems Easy, Then It Isn't

The College Application process has begun. Fun. We had an opportunity to apply online to Princess Penelope's first choice school and have the application fee waived. So, last night Princess went about the process of applying online. It seemed easy enough. The code was entered in the correct spot and we submitted. Then they asked for payment information. Don't know why... but they did. So I entered it in, and we hit submit again.

This morning, the email inbox had 2 "Thank You for applying" emails. Uh-oh. That's not good. I checked my account online, and sure enough.... the application fee had been charged. Crap. I've sent an email requesting assistance. We'll see how that one plays out.

The application fee is not ridiculous, but quite honestly, if it's supposed to be waived, I want it waived. So, I'll wait a bit to hear back. If the email doesn't work, then I'll start calling. Oh this is frustrating.

Easy Peasy? I don't think so!

2 comments:

  1. College applications are getting trickier and trickier. I wouldn't want to pay the fee either. Hope the next ones are a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. You asked on my blog what e-scrip is. Basically is fundraising for school. You shop at a store and they give back to the school of your choice a certain percentage of your total purchases. It's a tiered percentage, the more you spend the more they give back :)

    Re the college apps: I would definitely pursue the credit for the fee. I agree, it they say it's waived, then it should be, regardless of how much. I've heard they can be expensive so might as well get the credit on this one.

    Good luck with the application process. My son is a sophmore in high school and I know we will be doing the same thing very soon.

    ReplyDelete