Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Waiting

Back on July 1, we waited on pins and needles of the outcome of our contract re-bid at my job. We got the results we had hoped for and kept our contract award. Yea! That means I still had a job. Then yesterday, we found out that due to a flaw in the contract bidding process, we have to rebid the contract again. Only this time everyone else who is bidding knows what was involved in the winning bid. Now, we will go through the process again, which will take approximately 6 months.

So we are kind of in limbo for 6 months to find out if we get the contract and consequently still have jobs. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what to do. I love my job. The benefits are fabulous! The work environment is terrific. The pay is the best I've ever had in my life. This uncertainty, especially given the state of the economy and the fact that Princess is due to head to college in one year is difficult, at best.

So many decisions to be made.... do I polish my resume up and start looking for another job? One that might not pay as well, have as many benefits and that I might not like as much? Or do I ride this out and hope for the best and if the best occurs stay with the job I adore? Do I continue my plan to be gazelle intense with my debt load? Or do I stockpile cash and prepare for the worst?

So many decisions to be made and I have no clue at this time which will be the best course of action.

1 comment:

  1. I would polish the resume, just in case. I would stockpile cash, and if you end up staying with this job, then you have a mega snowflake for debt!

    I am working on my resume this weekend....ugh.